CHURCH HISTORY

"OUR BLESSED HERITAGE"

The founding members installed their first pastor November 12, 1871 in a new frame church south of town on Blackberry Patch Road, along with a parsonage and their cemetery. In 1905 the congregation moved into the town of Stover and built a new church sanctuary, a schoolhouse and a parsonage. They built a schoolhouse where confirmation classes, German day school, Sunday School, and VBS (Vacation Bible School) were held, and where the Ladies Aid quilted. 

"OUR CURRENT FACILITY
BLESSING OUT OF RUIN"

The founding members installed their first pastor November 12, 1871 in a new frame church south of town on Blackberry Patch Road, along with a parsonage and their cemetery. In 1905 the congregation moved into the town of Stover and built a new church sanctuary, a schoolhouse and a parsonage. They built a schoolhouse where confirmation classes, German day school, Sunday School, and VBS (Vacation Bible School) were held, and where the Ladies Aid quilted. 

PASTORS OF CHRIST LUTHERAN CHURCH

 Rev. George Fikenscher (1870 - 1875) 
Rev. Otto Kloeckner (1877 - 1887)
Rev. Carl Luecke (1887 - 1900) 
Rev. Justus Kaufmann (1900 - 1904) 
Rev. Wilhelm Schumacher (1904 - 1906) 
Rev. Joseph Petscher (1906 - 1907) 
Rev. Fred Lehner (1907 - 1909 
Rev. Alfred C. Flieschmann (1909 - 1912) 
Rev. Herman Klemm (1913 - 1918) 
Rev. Carl Weber (1918 - 1925) 
Rev. Paul E. Stolz (1925 - 1933) 
Rev. Paul C. Schroeder (1934 - 1941) 
Rev. Henry A. Kolm (1942 - 1950) 
Rev. Asmus C. Zeilinger (1950 - 1957) 
Rev. Vernon R. Rodie (1957 - 1962) 
Rev. Rollin G. Olesen (1962 - 1971) 
Rev. Donald A. Metzger (1971 - 1975) 
Rev. Noel D. Peterson (1975 - 1982)
Rev. Henry Thorberg (1982 - 1986)
Rev. John H. Jones (1987 - 1993)
Rev. Russell E. Saltzman (1994 - 2000)
Rev. John H. Kiehl (2002 - 2010)
Rev. Tom Tuura (2012 - Present)